Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take.............. but by the number of moments that take our breath away

Monday, March 15, 2010

A new week

What a difference a week can make. What we know this week is we have our son's passport. The new court papers have been done. Now we wait, we wait for our contact in Ghana to travel back to the states with our papers. We thought this would be last week but not so. We are hoping this week for travel than maybe next we will get our papers. Than we will send them to Texas. I feel like I am in some kind of race against the clock. All of my time frames have been thrown out the window. My husband's deployment has been moved up so as much as I wanted this to happen before he leaves it may not. I am now just sitting with it he may not meet our son before he leaves. This is not what I want but it is out of my hands. So the pity party is over we will settle in and make the best of it. This young child is having his life changed. I think about how it will be for him to come here away from all he has known. My son Brayden is six and I think how he would feel. I have been told by many that in Africa families and bonds are different. I am trying to understand this the best I can so I can help our new son when he arrives. Since we are adopting and not having a child I am not sure if as a mother I should have that nesting feeling. I find myself put more and more things in Solomon's back pack we bought. I wiped the dust off and add little things every couple of weeks. Last week I bought him Batman underwear. Our other son Brayden needed some and said mom I am not sharing my underwear with Solomon buy him some too. It is funny how little things make it seem like some day yes it will happen. With some new energy our glass is half full.

1 comment:

berrytribe said...

hang in there. the waiting is super hard. But, i have to trust that God has all the timing perfectly planned out for you and Solomon. So proud of you for finding the glass with some water in it. Good job!! :)