Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take.............. but by the number of moments that take our breath away

Monday, March 29, 2010

Boys




We have been taking a long time about Solomon to our children.  Brayden  who is 6 knows he will no longer be the youngest and I have been trying to prepare him for the changes the best I can. I ask him questions like will you teach Solomon how to play the Wii, or ride a bike? Sometimes he thinks it will be ok other times not sure.  Brayden wants everyone to know that he is older and he is the big brother (even if it is only by 4 months). I talk with him about how he will have to share his room and his clothes. We bought bunk beds and put them up this weekend Brayden of course wanted the top bunk because he is older.  He think sharing his toys will be ok but not his most special ones, which at times is every toy. I told Brayden that he and Solomon where just about the same height only a ½ inch difference.  Brayden asked be if I thought people will get them mixed up or confused?  I just laughed and said I was sure people would be able to tell them apart.  Brayden also asked if Solomon will have dark skin everywhere? In January Brayden learned about Martin Luther King Jr and he was telling me all about him. He said he was a good man who was shot. He said that only people with white skin could eat some places and drink out of water fountains. So I asked would your brother Solomon be able to go there he said no.. I said would we have been able to? He said No Mom we have peach skin not white weren’t you listening.  I think I am in for some fun times with these two boys.

2 comments:

berrytribe said...

oh, I can't wait until you get Solomon home. Your "boy" adventures will be so fun!! Praying for you, Friend, as you wait.

Proverbs31Wife said...

Peach skin, too darn funny! Peter said Solomon is next to come home. Looking forward to hearing all about it! =)