Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take.............. but by the number of moments that take our breath away

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Adoption the process

We are in the process of doing our home study. This is the first step when doing an adoption. We have all gotten our physicals. We have ordered all the paper work from the different states that we need. Bret and I have been finger printed. We are now waiting to get all the papers back. We will than set up our first of two social worker interviews. We think we will have one before Christmas and another after we move in the beginning on January. We will than have our home study complete and ready for our Adoption. We are also working on preparing our paper work for the Liberian government. The process is quick once we are done with our home study. The adoption should take 3-4 months. We will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I am in awe! I am in tears, and I am so happy for you! This is amazing and exciting news. Someday I hope to have my family in a place that we could do something like this. You are amazing! We will keep your family in our prayers.

Barley Family said...

WOW Kristy! This is awesome! What a blessing you and your family will be and will be blessed by your new child! So cool!

S and K said...

Wow, so VERY excited for you. It's funny how excited I get to hear of people starting the adoption process. Even though I don't know you yet, I feel like I just found out my best friend is pregnant! Weird, I know! I'm not only excited for the child(ren) who will finally have a whole family, and be able to experience love... but also for you. We have never experienced, or seen so clearly, a more perfect picture of the grace of Christ!

Many blessings to you as you embark.

We'd love to meet you, talk, share stories, etc.

My email address is kathryn_g@mac.com

Let me know what area of the city you live, where your husband works, etc.

Katy